Data Scientist - Mexico City
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico · Data Science
Advanced programming (At least Python and/or R) skills and database architecture experience. having fundamental knowledge about the working of databases. as well as an excellent understanding of statistics and machine learning techniques in order to apply predictive modeling techniques to anticipate future trends.
Previous experience in financia! and/or risk management
We are changing the SME lending space in Mexico through the use of technology and state of the art modeling techniques: we·re looking for top talent in order to continue accelerating our growth sustained by a responsible and accurate risk portfolio management. This role will be part of the Marketing and Data science team and work in partnership with product and engineering.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Developing. building. and optimizing models/classifiers using machine learning techniques. specializing in optimal risk portfolio management throughout the credit life-cyle.• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods• Extending companys data with third party sources of information when needed• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems• Processing. cleansing. and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner• Creating automated reports in order to track portfolio and models performance in a timely and accurate manner• Creating automated reports in order to track portfolio and models performance in a timely and accurate manner• Partner with both engineering and non-engineering teams to get things done• Be willing and able to help the product and marketing teams interpret results and present them to management without bias.• Work to solve defined problems with a completely flexible approach and being mostly self-managed
- Data oriented personality• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms• Great communication skills• Excellent scripting and programming skills. especially in Python and/or R• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL• Good applied statistics skills. such as distributions. statistical testing. regressions. etc.• Strategic thinking and team-player
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Konfío
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Yearly discretionary bonus
- You'll be part of a world-class FinTech team
- Other Perks (24/7 snacks and caffeine)
Small businesses are the backbone of the economy, yet have been completely disregarded by banks. Konfío was created in order to finally change this! Our mission is to fuel the growth of promising small businesses so they become strong and relevant in their field.
Konfío is an online lending platform for small businesses in Mexico, using alternative data for rapid credit assessment, allowing owners to focus on what’s important - growing their business.
We’ve had awesome traction and are venture-backed by QED Investors, Kaszek Ventures, Accion, and Jaguar Ventures. Considered one of the 5 Most Successful startups in Mexico according to El Financiero, we are building a world-class FinTech team in order to set the new standard.