Database Engineer - Mexico City
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico · Technology
Why is technology so important at Konfío?
We are using technology and alternative data to unlock financial services for many small businesses throughout Mexico and we’re looking for top talent in order to keep growing.
What are some examples of problems a Database Engineer will solve?
Shipping valuable features requires close coordination between devops, database, API, and frontend workstreams; Konfío engineers commonly pair and rotate focus between these responsibilities. We consistently work with new technologies, and thus value professionals who are open to learning new things, regardless of pre-existing comfort zones. Konfío software engineers might solve any of the following problems:
- Will be in charge of building the processes that will enable to company to support reporting and operations, with a critical eye pointed to large scalability that will permit the company grow organically.
- Collaborate with the company software architect to integrate all teams through a central database repository
- Ensure that every ongoing database job taking place during work hours runs in less than 2 seconds.
- Everything in financial services is a zero-sum equation, our books should always close at the end of business day without discrepancies.
- Create all object that will aggregate the database during overnight batch procedures.
- Simulate ETL jobs that permit analytics processing
- Providing support for data insights to operations, marketing and data science departments
You will fit well if
- You are results-oriented and enjoy shipping new features
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- You learn fast and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You believe in building great products and doing great work by international standards
- You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work
We are excited to meet experienced coders as well as college seniors with various areas of technical focus - there is no single ideal profile. We all wear multiple hats and cannot be experts in everything at once.
- Must have worked as a dedicated database developer in the past, not part of a full stack framework, rather exclusively as a Database Engineer
- Must have tuned performance in the past
- Should have a basic business understanding of why analytics are a relevant component to a company´s success
- Performance and metrics-driven
- Hunger to learn and contribute
- Awesome communication skills
- 3+ years of experience with database development (PL SQL)
- Extensive experience working with VLDB is a plus
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Konfío
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Yearly discretionary bonus
- Groceries Allowance (Vales de Despensa)
- You'll be part of a world-class FinTech team
- Other Perks (24/7 snacks and caffeine)
Small businesses are the backbone of the economy, yet have been completely disregarded by banks. Konfío was created in order to finally change this! Our mission is to fuel the growth of promising small businesses so they become strong and relevant in their field.
Konfío is an online lending platform for small businesses in Mexico, using alternative data for rapid credit assessment, allowing owners to focus on what’s important - growing their business.
We’ve had awesome traction and are venture-backed by QED Investors, Kaszek Ventures, Accion, and Jaguar Ventures. Considered one of the 5 Most Successful startups in Mexico according to El Financiero, we are building a world-class FinTech team in order to set the new standard.