DevOps Engineer - Mexico City
Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico · Technology
Why is Technology so important at Konfío?
We are using technology and alternative data to unlock financial services for many small businesses throughout Mexico and we’re looking for top talent in order to keep growing.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with technology team, to understand and anticipate the agile infrastructure needs of the development, testing, deployment and monitoring processes; create an environment where dev and QA work can proceed securely, efficiently, and flexibly
- Improve the continuous integration and deployment process
- Provide for and anticipate horizontal scaling of environments and anticipate infrastructure growth as the business grows
- Work heavily with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Docker and Git.
- Provide senior networking expertise to the team
- Support the large infrastructure running in AWS. Linux Instances, load balancers, firewalls, serverless infrastructure, etc.
- Work collaboratively to provide senior infrastructure guidance to the team for short-term issues and long-term planning and vision.
- Maintain and configure database servers.
- Software Engineering degree from a recognized institution
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools like Git, Jenkins and Docker.
- Expert knowledge of Linux Systems Engineering
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, using services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, Cloudwatch, EFS, etc.
- Familiarity interacting with the AWS CLI.
- Eperience with networking, properly architecting high availability systems, and security in an AWS context
- Experience with standard Linux/UNIX daemons (ssh, cron, bind, ldap, heartbeat, syslog, ntp)
- Proficiency writing complex scripts in a standard scripting language (Bash, Python).
- Experience as DBA and basic knowledge of database development (PL SQL)
- Experience supporting production environments.
- Experience configuring servers.
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Konfío.
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Yearly discretionary bonus
- You'll be part of a world-class FinTech team
- Other Perks (24/7 snacks and caffeine)
Small businesses are the backbone of the economy, yet have been completely disregarded by banks. Konfío was created in order to finally change this! Our mission is to fuel the growth of promising small businesses so they become strong and relevant in their field.
Konfío is an online lending platform for small businesses in Mexico, using alternative data for rapid credit assessment, allowing owners to focus on what’s important - growing their business.
We’ve had awesome traction and are venture-backed by QED Investors, Kaszek Ventures, Accion, and Jaguar Ventures. Considered one of the 5 Most Successful startups in Mexico according to El Financiero, we are building a world-class FinTech team in order to set the new standard.