DevOps Engineer - Mexico City
Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico · Technology
Konfío is a digital platform that empowers small businesses through straightforward, flexible access to working capital. To date, more than 300 thousand people have trusted us with their funding needs.
By leveraging technology and big data analytics, Konfío complements traditional financial analysis and streamlines the loan application process, providing convenience and affordability to customers who are creditworthy but historically underserved by traditional banking.
- Work closely with technology team, to understand and anticipate the agile infrastructure needs of the development, testing, deployment and monitoring processes; create an environment where dev and QA work can proceed securely, efficiently, and flexibly
- Improve the continuous integration and deployment process
- Provide for and anticipate horizontal scaling of environments and anticipate infrastructure growth as the business grows
- Work heavily with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Docker and Git.
- Provide senior networking expertise to the team
- Support the large infrastructure running in AWS, Linux Instances, load balancers, firewalls, serverless infrastructure, etc.
- Work collaboratively to provide senior infrastructure guidance to the team for short-term issues and long-term planning and vision
- Maintain and configure database servers
- Software Engineering degree from a recognized institution
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools like Git, Jenkins and Docker.
- Expert knowledge of Linux Systems Engineering
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, using services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, Cloudwatch, EFS, etc.
- Familiarity interacting with the AWS CLI.
- Eperience with networking, properly architecting high availability systems, and security in an AWS context
- Experience with standard Linux/UNIX daemons (ssh, cron, bind, ldap, heartbeat, syslog, ntp)
- Proficiency writing complex scripts in a standard scripting language (Bash, Python).
- Experience as DBA and basic knowledge of database development (PL SQL)
- Experience supporting production environments.
- Experience configuring servers.
- You'll get to work in one of the best areas in the country (Polanco, México) in a newly renovated office with a Silicon Valley setup
- You'll be part of a world-class FinTech team, there are people from more than 7 countries
- MacBook equipment will be provided by the company on your first day, and monitors upon request
- Direct connection with some of the top mentors in the industry from Google, Kaszek, 500 Startups, among many others
- Konfío Welcome Kit
- Other Perks (24/7 snacks, fruit, and caffeine)
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Konfío
- Health insurance (SGMM)
- Groceries Allowance (Vales de Despensa)
- You'll be hired directly by Konfío, not a subsidiary, allowing you directly to participate directly in the company growth
- Yearly discretionary bonus
Small businesses are the backbone of the economy, yet have been completely disregarded by banks. Konfío was created in order to finally change this! Our mission is to fuel the growth of promising small businesses so they become strong and relevant in their field.
Konfío is an online lending platform for small businesses in Mexico, using alternative data for rapid credit assessment, allowing owners to focus on what’s important - growing their business.
We’ve had awesome traction and are venture-backed by QED Investors, Kaszek Ventures, Accion, and Jaguar Ventures. Considered one of the 5 Most Successful startups in Mexico according to El Financiero, we are building a world-class FinTech team in order to set the new standard.