Quality Assurance Engineer - Mexico City
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico · Technology
Why is technology so important at Konfío?
We are using technology and alternative data to unlock financial services for many small businesses throughout Mexico and we’re looking for top talent in order to keep growing.
What are some examples of problems a QA Engineer will solve?
Shipping valuable features requires close coordination between devops, database, API, and frontend workstreams; Konfío engineers commonly pair and rotate focus between these responsibilities. We consistently work with new technologies, and thus value professionals who are open to learning new things, regardless of pre-existing comfort zones. Konfío QA engineers might solve any of the following problems:
- Load and Stress Test new applications, you will be responsible of signing off on applications that will be visited and used thousands of times per day
- Validate Backend work streams, any new data that arrives from third party sources must be correctly transformed into proprietary data
- Always think about the user! Consider that the user experience must never degrade due to traffic or concurrency, and work with the development team to confirm that
- Front End Functional testing, if you see something that is not right, Speak Up! Make sure that code never makes it into production
- Database Testing, You see a number or data that does not make sense? Help the team coordinate efforts so it gets caught right on time.
- Regression Testing. Just because Production is Production does not mean that it may not be broken. You have to run regular scans
- Automating tests, Imagine that everything we mention above could be done by computers? Great! That is precisely what we are after! The more ground you can cover, the higher relevance your work has!
You will fit well if
- You are results-oriented and enjoy shipping new features
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- You learn fast and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You believe in building great products and doing great work by international standards
- You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work
We are excited to meet experienced coders as well as college seniors with various areas of technical focus - there is no single ideal profile. We all wear multiple hats and cannot be experts in everything at once.
- Software Engineering degree from a recognized institution
- Experience testing apps and web applications under a rigorous software engineering approach
- Experience using tools like jenkins, AWS, JMeter and anything else at your disposal to do your job better and faster
- Performance and metrics-driven
- Hunger to learn and contribute
- Awesome communication skills
- Performance and metrics-driven. "You cannot improve what you cannot measure"
- Ideally, having experience working in a high concurrency, high volume product in the past
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Konfío
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Yearly discretionary bonus
- Groceries Allowance (Vales de Despensa)
- Other Perks (24/7 snacks and caffeine)
Small businesses are the backbone of the economy, yet have been completely disregarded by banks. Konfío was created in order to finally change this! Our mission is to fuel the growth of promising small businesses so they become strong and relevant in their field.
Konfío is an online lending platform for small businesses in Mexico, using alternative data for rapid credit assessment, allowing owners to focus on what’s important - growing their business.
We’ve had awesome traction and are venture-backed by QED Investors, Kaszek Ventures, Accion, and Jaguar Ventures. Considered one of the 5 Most Successful startups in Mexico according to El Financiero, we are building a world-class FinTech team in order to set the new standard.