Software Engineer in Test (SET) - Mexico City
Mexico City, México, Mexico · Technology
Konfío is a digital platform that empowers small businesses through straightforward, flexible access to working capital. To date, more than 300 thousand people have trusted us with their funding needs.
By leveraging technology and big data analytics, Konfío complements traditional financial analysis and streamlines the loan application process, providing convenience and affordability to customers who are creditworthy but historically underserved by traditional banking.
Konfío is looking for creative, talented engineers who are passionate about solving challenging problems, from testing to releasing world-class software. As a Konfío Software Engineer in Test, you will use your problem-solving skills and engineering mindset to test and push the product to the next level. Whether you love exploring and ‘breaking’ complicated server logic, evaluating performance and pinpointing bottleneck on the database layer, or developing and optimizing web and mobile automation tools, we have a team, a project and a challenge for you. As a Konfío SET you will have the responsibility of developing, executing and maintaining software that will test our products to the limit.
- Review requirements and define acceptance criteria that will be used for design and testing of new features.
- Working with multiple teams form different areas of the product to ensure cross-product quality. Take ownership of test plan, design and execution.
- Design, implement and optimize test automation framework, tool and scripts for Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) applications.
- Research and identify flaws in our product before it is released to the public. SETs will be responsible of singing off on applications that will be accessed by thousands of users.
- Load and Stress Test new applications.
- Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover re occurrences.
You will fit well if
- You are results-oriented and enjoy shipping new features
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- You learn fast and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You believe in building great products and doing great work by international standards
- You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work
We are excited to meet experienced coders as well as college seniors with various areas of technical focus - there is no single ideal profile. We all wear multiple hats and cannot be experts in everything at once.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent software experience
- Hands-on experience with one or more relational databases.
- Experience in test automation, databases and relevant scripting technologies.
- Experience in all aspects of testing of components/services including Performance, Load, Function, Integration and Unit testing.
- Awesome communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience using open source testing tools is preferred
- Performance and metrics-driven
- Hunger to learn and contribute
- You'll get to work in one of the best areas in the country (Polanco, México) in a newly renovated office with a Silicon Valley setup
- You'll be part of a world-class FinTech team, there are people from more than 7 countries
- MacBook equipment will be provided by the company on your first day, and monitors upon request
- Direct connection with some of the top mentors in the industry from Google, Kaszek, 500 Startups, among many others
- Konfío Welcome Kit
- Other Perks (24/7 snacks, fruit, and caffeine)
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Konfío
- Health insurance (SGMM)
- Groceries Allowance (Vales de Despensa)
- You'll be hired directly by Konfío, not a subsidiary, allowing you directly to participate directly in the company growth
- Yearly discretionary bonus
Small businesses are the backbone of the economy, yet have been completely disregarded by banks. Konfío was created in order to finally change this! Our mission is to fuel the growth of promising small businesses so they become strong and relevant in their field.
Konfío is an online lending platform for small businesses in Mexico, using alternative data for rapid credit assessment, allowing owners to focus on what’s important - growing their business.
We’ve had awesome traction and are venture-backed by QED Investors, Kaszek Ventures, Accion, and Jaguar Ventures. Considered one of the 5 Most Successful startups in Mexico according to El Financiero, we are building a world-class FinTech team in order to set the new standard.