Full Stack Engineer - Mexico City
Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico · Technology
Konfío is a digital platform that empowers small businesses through straightforward, flexible access to working capital. To date, more than 300 thousand people have trusted us with their funding needs.
By leveraging technology and big data analytics, Konfío complements traditional financial analysis and streamlines the loan application process, providing convenience and affordability to customers who are creditworthy but historically underserved by traditional banking.
Shipping valuable features requires close coordination between devops, database, API, and frontend workstreams; Konfío engineers commonly pair and rotate focus between these responsibilities. We consistently work with new technologies, and thus value professionals who are open to learning new things, regardless of pre-existing comfort zones. Konfío software engineers might solve any of the following problems:
- Contribute to the Front End Platform with new features, always ensuring an optimal experience for an ever-growing community of users
- Connect and interact with external data sources to load all information into the company proprietary repositories
- Play a pivotal role on any re-engineering project that may be required for the company's long-term success
- Collaborate with the marketing and risk teams to continuously define and improve the product
You will fit well if
- You are results-oriented and enjoy shipping new features
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- You learn fast and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You believe in building great products and doing great work by international standards
- You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work
We are excited to meet experienced coders as well as college seniors with various areas of technical focus - there is no single ideal profile. We all wear multiple hats and cannot be experts in everything at once.
- Software Engineering Background, with an engineering degree from a recognized institution
- Sound experience in Web Development and frameworks
- Must be comfortable working with relational databases and cloud repositories
- Performance and metrics-driven. "You cannot improve what you cannot measure"
- Hunger to learn and contribute
- Awesome communication skills
- Leadership, you want to be able to take on bigger challenges every day and empower your end users
- Ideally, having experience working in a high concurrency, high volume product in the past
- You'll get to work in one of the best areas in the country (Polanco, México) in a newly renovated office with a Silicon Valley setup
- You'll be part of a world-class FinTech team, there are people from more than 7 countries
- MacBook equipment will be provided by the company on your first day, and monitors upon request
- Direct connection with some of the top mentors in the industry from Google, Kaszek, 500 Startups, among many others
- Konfío Welcome Kit
- Other Perks (24/7 snacks, fruit, and caffeine)
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Konfío
- Health insurance (SGMM)
- Groceries Allowance (Vales de Despensa)
- You'll be hired directly by Konfío, not a subsidiary, allowing you directly to participate directly in the company growth
- Yearly discretionary bonus
Small businesses are the backbone of the economy, yet have been completely disregarded by banks. Konfío was created in order to finally change this! Our mission is to fuel the growth of promising small businesses so they become strong and relevant in their field.
Konfío is an online lending platform for small businesses in Mexico, using alternative data for rapid credit assessment, allowing owners to focus on what’s important - growing their business.
We’ve had awesome traction and are venture-backed by QED Investors, Kaszek Ventures, Accion, and Jaguar Ventures. Considered one of the 5 Most Successful startups in Mexico according to El Financiero, we are building a world-class FinTech team in order to set the new standard.